Why does it Feel Like Somebody's Watching Me?

Why does it feel like somebody's watching me?...Well probably because we are constantly being tracked. I have always been troubled by the idea that my information is so accessible through the internet. As I listened to Mr. Swift's presentation I could not help but think that I don't like the idea of being responsible for creating or using software that tracks what people buy, click on, read, etc. on the internet. Today most consumers are aware that their habits are being tracked but as I sat there listening and really thought about it, it was a bit disconcerting. I'm definitely not a salesperson by nature. But, I had to remember to rationalize it by remembering that the goal is at the end of the day to help the customer in order to help a business grow and thrive and that it most cases (from my understanding) monitoring is only possible once a customer is logged in. After all, only by utilizing all the channels can companies achieve the success of Travelocity, Amazon, or eBay.

Comments

Popular Posts