About this blog

This blog is required for MIST 7500, but I hope blogging will be a useful tool for communicating with my classmates. I am not a blogger but I plan to share my difficulties and successes in MIST 7500. I have a full time job and I'm already finding it challenging to manage teaching all day with being a student in the evening. I'm sure after a few weeks things will be less hectic. I enjoyed the first class and look forward to getting the most out of it; I realize I have a lot to learn!


I first became interested in graduate school because I wanted to expand my options outside of the field of education; I didn’t want to limit myself. I also have several high school students interested in computer programming and web design who helped to pique my interest in those areas. Although, right now I am not sure exactly what I will do with my degree, I hope that it will open the door to self-employment opportunities of some kind. I would love to do free lance projects on the side while teaching math or Advanced Placement Computer Science. I am certain that I will figure out exactly what I want to do while taking the various classes required for this degree.

Comments

  1. Nice start to the blog. You can use it to show off other Internet related skills besides just the course discussion. For instance, you might want to make a brief blog about the video you made and what you learned along with a link. Not required, but part of the intention of having you do a course blog is to have a place you can demonstrate your progress to others.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts